Post- offer has no bonus

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post- offer has no bonus

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:44 pm

I received an offer from a 2L SA position to return post-grad. After accepting that (and with the firm's encouragement), applied for and received a D. Ct. clerkship. When I got the new post-clerkship offer letter, it doesn't specify anything about a bonus, but the website and NALP both say the firm gives clerkship bonuses. Anyone had a similar situation? How did you approach?

Anonymous User

Re: Post- offer has no bonus

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Same situation, but COA. My firm said they wouldn't put bonus because market for bonus may change, and that they would increase it to match market. Don't sweat it.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships�