Term Clerkship Creditable Service Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Term Clerkship Creditable Service

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 pm

Moving this question into this forum.

A few years ago I did a 1-yr term clerkship. I am now about to join the federal government (DOJ). My understanding is that if you have 3 or more years of "creditable service" you accrue more annual leave than if you're under 3 years. Does anyone know if term clerkships count as creditable service such that I would only need to work 2 more years to hit the 3 year mark?

Anonymous User

Re: Term Clerkship Creditable Service

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:53 pm

My agency credited my clerkship service towards annual leave compensation. Not sure if it is an agency-specific decision or broadly applicable.

Anonymous User

Re: Term Clerkship Creditable Service

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:54 am

My agency (financial regulator) credits clerkships. I thought that was universal, not agency specific. Note that the clerkship doesn’t count for some purposes (I think for retirement related purposes it doesn’t count).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”