Bankruptcy Clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cam1992

New

Bankruptcy Clerkship

Post by cam1992 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Does anyone know how common it is to go into a bankruptcy clerkship after a few years of practice? I get the sense that this is becoming more common for other types of clerkships, and I am wondering if it is the same for bankruptcy? Not at all sure if this is something I would want to pursue, but I have found bankruptcy to be my favorite/most interesting class of law school and I just found out I will have the opportunity to do some bankruptcy work in my SA.

Anonymous User

Re: Bankruptcy Clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:01 pm

In SDNY/DE yes, it's very common for BK clerks to already have private practice experience. Other regions and judges may differ so my advice is to get your app out on Oscar and see where it leads you.

Anonymous User

Re: Bankruptcy Clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:48 pm

I think it'll depend a little on the judge (I think some judges tend to personally believe that clerkships should be for people right out of law school), but anecdotally, one of the other clerks on my court (non-DE/SDNY) had just worked for a couple of years at a big firm (V50-ish?) in our city and hopped on board with one of the bankruptcy judges.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”