writing sample question Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

writing sample question

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 pm

I'm currently interning part time as a law student. Any idea whether an initial draft of a brief that is yet to be submitted on an active case can be used as a writing sample (assuming that I have permission from my employer)? Obviously facts might be modified, identities of parties will be redacted, etc. Wanted to double check here before I ask my supervisor for permission. Thanks.

albanach

Gold

Re: writing sample question

Post by albanach » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Assuming your employer is a law firm, you'd possibly also need permission from the client, depending upon how well this can be redacted.

Assuming you have appropriate permissions, you can generally use anything that is your work as a writing sample.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”