Applying Late to a NJ clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Applying Late to a NJ clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 am

I’m a 3L at a top 30 law school. My initial plans for post-grad fell through for various decision (i decided the position was not for me). I am looking at other options including a clerkship in nj. I understand the hiring starts pretty early (they started last June I believe) but the deadline is in march. Is securing a clerkship still a possibility? In anybody’s experience, how badly does the fact that im applying this late hurt my chances? Do judges consider earlier applications first or simply look down upon late applications?
It seems like courts must get a hell of a lot of applications given how easy the process is to apply. Can anybody speak to the method a (any, preferabbly lower court) judge has used to go through the large amount of applications, i.e. gpa cut off, etc?
Thank you J

Anonymous User

Re: Applying Late to a NJ clerkship

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Unfortunately the vast majority of judges would already have hired. You could try to put in some feelers and see if any judges fired clerks/had their plans fall through

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”