Reapplying to chambers Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Reapplying to chambers

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:56 pm

If you apply to a judge for one term, interview, and are rejected, is it ok to apply for a subsequent term? Im guessing people here will say "it depends" - in this case I was not invited to reapply, but received a rejection letter that basically said it was a close call and I could visit chambers should I be in this judge's city.

GoneSouth

Bronze

Re: Reapplying to chambers

Post by GoneSouth » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you apply to a judge for one term, interview, and are rejected, is it ok to apply for a subsequent term? Im guessing people here will say "it depends" - in this case I was not invited to reapply, but received a rejection letter that basically said it was a close call and I could visit chambers should I be in this judge's city.
Since they specifically said it was a close call and invited you to visit chambers, I would apply again. It seems unlikely that the judge would do that if he/she had no interest in you.

Plus, the correct answer to "should I apply/reapply" is pretty much always yes, unless you've specifically been told not to. You have nothing to lose

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:36 pm

There's no harm in reapplying. Worst case scenario, you don't get another interview. I've heard from judges that they interviewed a person for one term, rejected them, and then hired them for a later term after they interviewed again.

flyoverlawclerk47

New

Post by flyoverlawclerk47 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:32 am

lavarman84 wrote:There's no harm in reapplying. Worst case scenario, you don't get another interview. I've heard from judges that they interviewed a person for one term, rejected them, and then hired them for a later term after they interviewed again.
This happened to me, so reapply.

HillandHollow

Bronze

Post by HillandHollow » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:If you apply to a judge for one term, interview, and are rejected, is it ok to apply for a subsequent term? Im guessing people here will say "it depends" - in this case I was not invited to reapply, but received a rejection letter that basically said it was a close call and I could visit chambers should I be in this judge's city.
This happened to me and the second interview resulted in an offer. Re-apply for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”