Clerkship possibilities Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
xmgr

New

Clerkship possibilities

Post by xmgr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Just wondering about realistic clerkship possibilities as a graduate of a T2 school (ranked around 60) with about a 3.5 GPA and middle of an evening class. I also have substantial work history as an engineer. Not sure it's worth the time but I need to find a landing spot and get some entry-level legal experience. I'm also curious what would even be a possibility.

flyoverlawclerk47

New

Re: Clerkship possibilities

Post by flyoverlawclerk47 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:40 pm

I'm on the front end of a two-year clerkship with a district judge and previously clerked one year for a magistrate judge. I went to a lower-ranked T2 law, finished with a 3.5 GPA, top 25%, exec board of law review, moot court, and clinic. I sent approximately 200 clerkship applications, had approximately 10 interviews, and landed two clerkships in the state where I went to law school. So, in short, yes, you too can land a clerkship. Apply broadly and be flexible.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”