How to "mass-mail" for post-clerk recruiting in 2019? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
davidagnew

New

How to "mass-mail" for post-clerk recruiting in 2019?

Post by davidagnew » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:13 pm

I know TCR is apply everywhere until I have an offer. But for applying to biglaw post-clerkship, is it best to apply online, or to send in paper application materials by USPS? And if mailing in a paper application is best, is it best to mail the materials to the hiring partner or to a recruiter? I've seen old threads that recommend sending in paper. However, I'm concerned because previously, when I've emailed biglaw recruiters, I've sometimes been told that they do not accept applications as attachments to email, and everyone must apply through their online system.

As an aside, some of these online applications are so annoying that it would be easier to just print and mail everything rather than upload my resume, and then type in all my info again. I am just worried that paper apps sent in by USPS won't be considered because biglaw is now committed to the apply online system.

Auxilio

Silver

Re: How to "mass-mail" for post-clerk recruiting in 2019?

Post by Auxilio » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:02 pm

I've done all mine by email or online portal. The large majority have been emails to the recruiting contact/hiring partner (as listed on site). I don't really get the hate for portals, they take about 3 minutes to fill out usually. A little extra annoying, but hardly make or break.

I probably wouldn't go to paper--especially as a means of avoiding the online system they tell you to apply through.

Npret

Gold

Re: How to "mass-mail" for post-clerk recruiting in 2019?

Post by Npret » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:14 pm

davidagnew wrote:I know TCR is apply everywhere until I have an offer. But for applying to biglaw post-clerkship, is it best to apply online, or to send in paper application materials by USPS? And if mailing in a paper application is best, is it best to mail the materials to the hiring partner or to a recruiter? I've seen old threads that recommend sending in paper. However, I'm concerned because previously, when I've emailed biglaw recruiters, I've sometimes been told that they do not accept applications as attachments to email, and everyone must apply through their online system.

As an aside, some of these online applications are so annoying that it would be easier to just print and mail everything rather than upload my resume, and then type in all my info again. I am just worried that paper apps sent in by USPS won't be considered because biglaw is now committed to the apply online system.
If you want a job you should apply through the portal that the firm has createdexpressly for that purpose. Obviously it’s better if you have a contact within the firm to help you.
No one wants to deal with scanning your info to file because you can’t be bothered to use the system the firm has created.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”