Post-Patent Pilot Clerkship Prospects Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post-Patent Pilot Clerkship Prospects

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:42 pm

Clerking next year in a non-CA or NY Patent Pilot court next year. Does clerking in a patent pilot court provide any post-clerkship hiring benefits? I'm in big law now and interested in pursuing a COA clerkship afterwards.

QContinuum

Re: Post-Patent Pilot Clerkship Prospects

Post by QContinuum » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:41 pm

No inside info but I assume it'd enhance your prospects at least somewhat for a Fed. Cir. clerkship. Doubt it'd help you w.r.t. any other CoAs.

Anonymous User

Re: Post-Patent Pilot Clerkship Prospects

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:49 am

It probably would only help you with FedCir, and only if you're able to put on your resume/cover letter that you worked on a lot of patent cases. Just clerking on a court in the patent pilot program doesn't necessarily guarantee you a lot of patent work. I'm clerking on a patent pilot program court, albeit in a big district, and the court has a dedicated floating patent clerk who does a lot of the heavy lifting on most of the patent cases. Unless you know that clerks for your judge work on a lot of patent cases, you may not do much patent stuff at all.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”