Writing about a case you worked on? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JakeTappers

Bronze

Writing about a case you worked on?

Post by JakeTappers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:59 pm

I'd really like to write something - somewhere between a firm update or a law review article - that has to do with a case that I worked on while I was clerking. It didn't get decided until after I left but my Judge's name is still the authoring judge. Wondering what the rules are here? Obviously, can't reveal things from chambers but I'd like to talk about it possibly being a watershed moment and what it portends. Thoughts?

BlackAndOrange84

Bronze

Re: Writing about a case you worked on?

Post by BlackAndOrange84 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm

JakeTappers wrote:I'd really like to write something - somewhere between a firm update or a law review article - that has to do with a case that I worked on while I was clerking. It didn't get decided until after I left but my Judge's name is still the authoring judge. Wondering what the rules are here? Obviously, can't reveal things from chambers but I'd like to talk about it possibly being a watershed moment and what it portends. Thoughts?
I think the rules are whatever your judges says they are. Which is to say you should run this by your judge (as you note disclaiming any intent to disclose chambers' confidences) and see if he has any guidance.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”