Above-Market Clerkship Bonuses in New York Biglaw Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Above-Market Clerkship Bonuses in New York Biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Does anyone know if any big law firms in New York, aside from boutiques, pay higher-than-market clerkship bonuses? Per my understanding, the market bonus is $50,000 for one clerkship and $70,000 for two clerkships. Boutiques like Quinn, Susman, etc. publicly pay above-market clerkship bonuses, but I've heard through the grapevine that some non-boutique law firms in New York may also quietly pay above-market clerkship bonuses to compete for candidates. I haven't, however, been able to determine what firms these are. Of course, I can't imagine these traditional firms match the well-above-market bonuses at some of these boutiques, but I can believe that they may quietly raise their own clerkship bonuses a bit to woo individual candidates who have other, above-market offers. Does anyone know (1) what firms, if any, have done so and (2) around how much they have increased their clerkship bonuses, albeit on a case-by-case basis? Thanks!

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”