Where do you find addresses and numbers for Court of Appeals Judges? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ferdor

New

Where do you find addresses and numbers for Court of Appeals Judges?

Post by ferdor » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:16 pm

I am interested in applying for Court of Appeals clerkships, but some of the judges that I am interested in are not OSCAR. I assume they accept paper applications but I have no idea where to mail them or what they require if their information is not on OSCAR? Their numbers are also unlisted making it hard to figure it out. Has anyone else faced this challenge?

Anonymous User

Re: Where do you find addresses and numbers for Court of Appeals Judges?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:51 pm

Mailing address is easy - send it to the courthouse where they sit. They should have that info somewhere on the circuit website, or you should be able to google the judge’s name and figure out where they’re located.

Amusingly I just discovered my local circuit actually puts all the chambers’ phone numbers online, though most don’t.

There’s also something called the Judicial Yellow Book that lists all the contact info, although the only way I knew how to access it was through my CSO.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:52 pm

Almanac of the Federal Judiciary is under Directories on Westlaw. Recent appointees won't be in it (updated every two years, IIRC), but all others should be.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:37 am

I used the Judicial Yellow Book. It's updated every year with the exact address of every federal judge (and the email of their JA, which is helpful if you have any questions about what to send, etc.). It is not online, but your law school library should have a copy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”