Mass SJC 2019-2020 Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Mass SJC 2019-2020

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:33 pm

Application period for the Mass SJC opened up at the beginning of June. Wondering if anyone has heard anything or received any response to their application materials?

Anonymous User

Re: Mass SJC 2019-2020

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Hey, so I just heard back from the SJC.

First, they only do in-person interviews once a month (usually a Thursday). FYI, they only gave me a week to book a plane ticket and a place to stay. They said they 'can' do Skype but my impression was that they really tried to avoid it.

Second, the court hires by seniority. So it seems the justices do hiring in waves. E.g., I was chosen for three interviews, however, I will only interview with the third justice (later via Skype) if the other two do no extend offers. I think that means it can be a long-ish hiring period.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Gaziano (3rd most senior) has hired, so Gants and Lenk have probably hired as well. It is not true that they only do in-person interviews once a month.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Had a phone interview over the weekend. Expected to hear back in the next couple of days. Not sure what that means for me or others but I thought I'd put in my experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”