Clerkship Interview- Weird Situation Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship Interview- Weird Situation

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:05 pm

I am considering applying for NJ state court clerkship as its essentially a prerequisite for working in NJ and I go to an NYC school so I think it will show my commitment but I haven't completely decided if this is the route I want to take. I uploaded my resume and cover letter to the portal but did not upload references and did not apply to any judges.
Today a civil judges chamber reached out to me asking to schedule an interview, even though I didn't apply to this specific judge. It's not the court I was looking for (was going to try for appellate or chancery) and its not in the exact geographic location I was looking for.
Any advice???

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”