Any Judges Still Hiring for 2018? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Any Judges Still Hiring for 2018?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:11 pm

What is the best way to find out about last-minute clerkship openings for 2018? There are a few judges with 2018 openings on OSCAR, but is that it? Do judges post openings anywhere else?

gingerbread

New

Re: Any Judges Still Hiring for 2018?

Post by gingerbread » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Keep checking OSCAR. I’m applying for 2018 too and usually a new position is posted every week or two, although things have slowed down lately.

Do you have any friends who are currently clerking? I have one who gets periodic emails about openings, some of which are only posted on the district court’s website and not OSCAR.

Anonymous User

Re: Any Judges Still Hiring for 2018?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 am

I've gotten 5 interviews in the past couple of months for 2018 clerkships with solid but unremarkable stats. It's not over!

Have been particularly successful with senior judges who are not on OSCAR, for what it's worth (3/5). Many clerkship advisors keep a regularly updated list of different judges' hiring status. Failing that, they should have a list of all federal judges. It sucks, but call every single one.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”