NM Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

NM

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:10 pm

NM
Last edited by Anonymous User on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Ethics Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:08 pm

I would recommend sending an inquiry to the code of conduct committee. You'll get an answer within a day or two.

As I understand the rules, I think you'd be fine to accept the position so long as (1) neither you nor the campaign posts anything public about you having the position or being on the campaign staff until you complete your clerkship; (2) you do not attend any campaign events or do any work for the campaign until after your clerkship is complete; and (3) you recuse yourself from working on any cases that might impact the campaign, such as an early voting case or a district boundary case.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Ethics Advice

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:15 am

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”