Judge Eugene Siler (CA6) Hiring Practice Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Judge Eugene Siler (CA6) Hiring Practice

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Does anyone know much about Judge Eugene Siler’s hiring practices? I sent my paper application into him, and I received an e-mail from his administrative assistant three days later. She attached a pdf letter from the Judge in which he thanked me for applying, would give my application serious consideration, and would hear from him this summer, if an interview is needed. (Not too excited about the letter. My application may have been the first his chambers received because I sent it out the first day the clerkship came up and OSCAR, and he only accepts paper apps. I’m sure it was boilerplate.)

On the off chance I’m offered an interview, can anyone shed light on his hiring practices? I’ve done some research on him, and it seems like he hires A LOT of UK grads. Any information would help. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Judge Eugene Siler (CA6) Hiring Practice

Post by Anonymous User » Sun May 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Some CoA judges do that as a courtesy when you apply off cycle or at the beginning of the cycle when volume is low. Would not read anything into it. Siler, like most if not all of the EDKY/WDKY judges, prefers ties to KY in a variety of forms which is why he hires out of UK steadily and UVA which I think is his alma mater. Can't speak to his specific hiring practices beyond that he takes his time.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon May 21, 2018 2:49 am

I received the same letter. I applied prior to his OSCAR posting. It's just a courtesy. From what I know about him, he sits by designation quite a bit. I've heard good things about him as a person, and it's supposedly a rewarding clerkship (I've heard it's not slow like it is with some other senior judges). I've also heard that he tends to hire people with ties to Kentucky.

Kentucky Clerk

New

Post by Kentucky Clerk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Some CoA judges do that as a courtesy when you apply off cycle or at the beginning of the cycle when volume is low. Would not read anything into it. Siler, like most if not all of the EDKY/WDKY judges, prefers ties to KY in a variety of forms which is why he hires out of UK steadily and UVA which I think is his alma mater. Can't speak to his specific hiring practices beyond that he takes his time.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Kentucky Clerk

New

Post by Kentucky Clerk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I received the same letter. I applied prior to his OSCAR posting. It's just a courtesy. From what I know about him, he sits by designation quite a bit. I've heard good things about him as a person, and it's supposedly a rewarding clerkship (I've heard it's not slow like it is with some other senior judges). I've also heard that he tends to hire people with ties to Kentucky.
Thanks a bunch! I’ve heard nothing but good things about him, as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”