3.8, MVP w/LR still looking for 2019 Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

3.8, MVP w/LR still looking for 2019

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:23 am

At this point how realistic is Circuit or District in a major city for 2019? Haven't been published yet, don't have a major position on LR.

TFALAWL

Bronze

Re: 3.8, MVP w/LR still looking for 2019

Post by TFALAWL » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:34 pm

If you're at UVA you need to give Ruth a call, pronto! In all seriousness, your numbers are very competitive.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 pm

You're most likely too late for Circuit court unless you are applying to newly confirmed nominees or the handful of judges who hire real late in the cycle.
You are competitive for district courts in almost any city, although I suspect that NY and California are probably filled or largely filed at this point for 2019. You need to get some solid letters.
Finally, if you are at UVA, don't expect much help from the clerkship office. Some of the professors on staff will be way more insightful about the process and where to apply.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:06 am

I am OK - thanks for these responses. How many apps should I expect not to hear back on before I get worried it's not just "everything is a long shot" keeping me waiting? My school's clerkship function has reviewed the materials I'm sending out and told me everything is in order.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:46 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am OK - thanks for these responses. How many apps should I expect not to hear back on before I get worried it's not just "everything is a long shot" keeping me waiting? My school's clerkship function has reviewed the materials I'm sending out and told me everything is in order.
You should expect not to hear back on 99/100. It's all luck. Keep sending apps and don't look back.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”