US Student, Canadian school? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

US Student, Canadian school?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm a soon-to-be 2L at McGill, a US citizen, and plan on taking both the QC and NY bars when I graduate. I can clerk in Canada, but I would rather clerk in the US. However, the school obviously knows nothing about it.

Are US students eligible to register with OSCAR and apply in spring of 2L? Or do we have to pass a bar in the US first?

Sorry, I know this is a kind of obscure question. I have just honestly been unable to find anything on it anywhere. I know it's a rare situation, but I didn't think it was *that* rare...

Anonymous User

Re: US Student, Canadian school?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 03, 2018 12:24 pm

you dont have to pass the bar, you are a US citizen so you are eligible to be a federal employee. And McGill is for sure an ABA- accredited law school. apply away.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”