Clerkship Chances for 2019 or 2020 Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
justcuriousagain

New

Clerkship Chances for 2019 or 2020

Post by justcuriousagain » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:19 am

Hey guys,

I know I'm majorly late to the game, but I have just recently decided to apply for clerkships. I was hoping you guys could estimate my chances of landing either a federal district court or COA clerkship for the 2019 or 2020 terms. I am currently between top 1/2 and top 1/3 at CCN. (Made an A in federal courts for what that's worth). I transferred from a to my current school from a T1 school where I was in the top 5% of my class and invited to the Law Review. I'm not on CCN law review, but have board positions on two secondary journals. Will most likely publish an article in a secondary journal next year as well. Recommendation letters will be nothing special.

I want to use one of my seminar papers this semester as a writing sample, so I will likely submit my applications between May & June. How would you guys rate my chances of landing a federal district court clerkship or a COA clerkship for the 2019 and 2020 terms respectively? Also, how might a random clerkship in 2019 with a federal district court judge impact my chances of securing a COA clerkship for the 2020 term? Looking forward to your feedback!

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”