Clerkship bonus for < 12 months clerkship? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship bonus for < 12 months clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 am

Due to personal circumstances and reshuffling of the Chambers, there is a chance I may have to leave roughly 2 weeks earlier than intended (completing 50 weeks, instead of 52 weeks of clerkship). Would this affect my clerkship bonus? My firm has not mentioned anything about the length requirement or even a clawback, and I don't really want to ask lest it leads them to rethink the clerkship bonus requirement.

Any thoughts or experience is appreciated.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship bonus for < 12 months clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:58 pm

The idea that the firm would do anything but offer you whatever they usually offer seems absurd to me. Not saying firms never do absurd things but under these circumstances I wouldn't worry about it unless someone says something to you.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship bonus for < 12 months clerkship?

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

For personal reasons (my wedding after the clerkship), I'm doing 11 months rather than 12. Hasn't come up in interviews.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”