list accepted offer on clerkship resume? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

list accepted offer on clerkship resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm

If I've accepted an offer where I summered, should my resume reflect that? Or will judges/clerks generally assume an offer was given? If I should include it, any tips on how to do so? I'm trying to save resume lines, so I would prefer not to put a whole new entry.

I hadn't thought about including this when I was applying for the 2018 term, but now that I'm applying for 19/20 (and will thus have 1/2 years experience by the time the clerkship starts), I wasn't sure if I should add it.

minnbills

Gold

Re: list accepted offer on clerkship resume?

Post by minnbills » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm

You should include it - or else it might create an inference that you were no offered. Some judges might care about that.

put (offer extended) after the description of your position.

For example,

Big & Badass, LLP
Summer Associate (offer extended)

GoneSouth

Bronze

Post by GoneSouth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:20 am

I've always thought the (offer extended) parenthetical looks a bit pretentious. 99.9% of people with clerkship caliber grades are going to have gotten an offer from their summer firm. Leaving it off there is not going to lead anyone to think that you didn't get an offer.

GoneSouth

Bronze

Post by GoneSouth » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:23 am

Sorry, I misread the question. If you've accepted the offer, and will definitely be working their when you graduate (because you're applying to clerk the following year), just leave it as one entry, and where you put your title, list "Summer Associate (2017), Associate (2018-)" No need for multiple entries

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”