Cover letter for judge you interned for Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Cover letter for judge you interned for

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:47 pm

I'm applying for a clerkship with a judge I interned for this past summer. I assume the judge remembers me, but should I bring the internship up or just go with my generic cover letter? If I do bring the internship up, how do I do that tactfully without sounding too smarmy/ingratiating? The judge has hired former interns before, but I don't want to make it seem like I'm expecting anything or seeking favoritism.

ExperssioUnius

Bronze

Re: Cover letter for judge you interned for

Post by ExperssioUnius » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:47 pm

I'd recommend mentioning the internship by way of noting either skills you furthered as a result of your time in the judge's chambers or what aspects of chambers makes you really want to clerk for the judge.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”