How to list internship with visiting judge on resume? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
cantdecide

New

How to list internship with visiting judge on resume?

Post by cantdecide » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm interning with a judge who is sitting by designation near my school for the semester. How should I list this on my resume for clerkship applications? This is how I currently have it, but I'm worried it looks like I made a typo.

The Honorable [Judges Name]
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
, Chicago, IL

Should I add something like 'sitting by designation in Chicago, IL'? Should I drop the Judge's district and just put "U.S. District Court, Chicago, IL"? Or is this practice common enough that chambers receiving my resume won't think anything of it?

Anonymous User

Re: How to list internship with visiting judge on resume?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:18 pm

I think it would be better to add the phrase "sitting by designation." I would find it confusing as you've currently got it.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I think it would be better to add the phrase "sitting by designation." I would find it confusing as you've currently got it.
I agree. There’s really no downside to providing this info, and it clears up potential confusion/answers a question that someone reading this is likely to have.

lolwat

Silver

Post by lolwat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:55 pm

mjb447 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I think it would be better to add the phrase "sitting by designation." I would find it confusing as you've currently got it.
I agree. There’s really no downside to providing this info, and it clears up potential confusion/answers a question that someone reading this is likely to have.
yup

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”