Project management tool to manage cases and assignments Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bookside88

New

Project management tool to manage cases and assignments

Post by bookside88 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:56 am

Does anyone (or anyone's chambers) use a project management tool to manage cases and assignments? What software do you use?

I mostly have very large assignments with far-out deadlines, but often with two of three of those deadlines falling in the same week or two. I've been stuck in a bad habit of working slowly and in a somewhat-disorganized fashion until realizing how close the deadline is, and then scrambling to finish. The work itself seems to be solid...never any complaints with what I produce. But I know that my judge has noticed my last-minute scrambling, and middle-of-the-night drafts.

When I worked in private practice, I know that time-keeping really helped me manage my time and work efficiently. I'm hoping to find a project management program that can help me keep more organized and that has a function to keep time for each individual project.

Does anyone use one and have any suggestion? I don't mind paying if the software is right.

Thanks in advance!

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”