2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:57 pm

Any movement on Keker?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Is anyone here electing to clerk for a 2nd year with their judge?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a ding. It came in the form of an obnoxiously generic and classless e-mail ding. I really expected more from them. No wonder few people on Top Law seem to respect FF.


I don't understand why a generic rejection email is upsetting or why one would think they're entitled to something more. Besides, isn't it more considerate to transmit information that might affect someone's career decision faster rather than slower? Of course, I also understand the frustration of feeling rejected, and I know it can be cathartic to level complaints at the rejecting party.


An e-mail is fine, but after the ridiculous amount of time they took to respond, something a little more thoughtful than the typical generic rejection would have been much more attractive.


This is all so strange. I still haven’t heard - after being told originally that I would be told within 3 days. Then multiple updates saying “next week” or whatever. Now it’s been more than two months. No email ding yet.


I'm in a similar situation but haven't received any updates post-interview

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is anyone here electing to clerk for a 2nd year with their judge?


Lol I wish. If not for my loans, I absolutely would

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I received a ding. It came in the form of an obnoxiously generic and classless e-mail ding. I really expected more from them. No wonder few people on Top Law seem to respect FF.


I don't understand why a generic rejection email is upsetting or why one would think they're entitled to something more. Besides, isn't it more considerate to transmit information that might affect someone's career decision faster rather than slower? Of course, I also understand the frustration of feeling rejected, and I know it can be cathartic to level complaints at the rejecting party.


An e-mail is fine, but after the ridiculous amount of time they took to respond, something a little more thoughtful than the typical generic rejection would have been much more attractive.


This is all so strange. I still haven’t heard - after being told originally that I would be told within 3 days. Then multiple updates saying “next week” or whatever. Now it’s been more than two months. No email ding yet.


I'm in a similar situation but haven't received any updates post-interview




All I gather from reading all of these over the past few months is that Fried Franks doesn't deserve your time or your worry. This type of inconsideration and inconsistency is indicative of firm culture, the partners are obviously just not that into you, so do you really wanna climb aboard that stinking ship? Do yourselves a favor: send them an email and tell them to take their indecisiveness and stick it where it belongs.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:58 pm

slow clap

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:27 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on Keker?


Also relevant to my interests...

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:22 am

Have heard Wheeler Trigg O now scheduling interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:43 am

Movement for interviews at Weil.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50 am

Anonymous User wrote:Movement for interviews at Weil.

About when did you apply?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Movement for interviews at Weil.


Which group? Lit or bankruptcy?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Have heard Wheeler Trigg O now scheduling interviews.


Any idea when they started scheduling interviews? Thanks

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Movement for interviews at Weil.


Which group? Lit or bankruptcy?


Lit (CCL).

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Movement for interviews at Weil.


Which group? Lit or bankruptcy?


Lit (CCL).

Congrats! Let's get some BK movement.

foreversport

New
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby foreversport » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have heard Wheeler Trigg O now scheduling interviews.


Is Wheeler a good firm? I could never really get a sense of them.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Can confirm that Wheeler is moving. Is there any movement in DC or LA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have heard Wheeler Trigg O now scheduling interviews.


Any idea when they started scheduling interviews? Thanks


Can't answer that, but it would seem emails went out in the last week or two.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Have heard Wheeler Trigg O now scheduling interviews.


Any idea when they started scheduling interviews? Thanks


Can't answer that, but it would seem emails went out in the last week or two.


At least some interviews have already happened.

elipad

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby elipad » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:43 pm

To folks that have applied to Williams & Connolly: After you applied using their website portal, did you get a confirmation email? I applied a week ago, but I haven't received an email confirming receipt (which I did for Orrick and WH). I wanted to email to ask, but I also didn't want to be annoying either. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:59 pm

elipad wrote:To folks that have applied to Williams & Connolly: After you applied using their website portal, did you get a confirmation email? I applied a week ago, but I haven't received an email confirming receipt (which I did for Orrick and WH). I wanted to email to ask, but I also didn't want to be annoying either. Thanks!



As someone that has been rejected from Williams & Connolly, I did not receive a confirmation email. Best of luck to you

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
elipad wrote:To folks that have applied to Williams & Connolly: After you applied using their website portal, did you get a confirmation email? I applied a week ago, but I haven't received an email confirming receipt (which I did for Orrick and WH). I wanted to email to ask, but I also didn't want to be annoying either. Thanks!



As someone that has been rejected from Williams & Connolly, I did not receive a confirmation email. Best of luck to you


Also didn't receive a confirmation email.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:27 am

Did anyone else get spammed with rejections from K&L Gates last night? I received six back to back emails.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:movement at Patterson Belknap


interviews already? that was fast!


anyone have a sense about how long Patterson takes to begin making offers?

Anyone get a Patterson offer yet?


Not yet. Probably next week.

post-interview rejection today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement on Keker?


Keker letters came into district court chambers today.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326410
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2017-2018 Post-Clerkship Hiring

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I still haven’t heard back from Susman after applying just before Thanksgiving. So even a generic email would be better than this.


I'm in the same boat as you. I'd be worried but... they have sent out dings via snail-mail to some people. I suppose that either means they are still considering us, or forgotten about us completely. Who knows, maybe we'll get an interview ! :twisted:


I emailed around November (LA office) and got an offer to interview after about two weeks later.



Return to “Judicial Clerkships?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.