Listing new position on App Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Listing new position on App

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:36 am

I have some clerkships apps out. Recently started an RA position but have yet to turn in first assignment. Would like to add this to my resume but could also see judges calling up prof. randomly (they are not a recommender). All they would be able to say atm is yes, I hired this person...which feels super awkward.

Lavitz

Gold

Re: Listing new position on App

Post by Lavitz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:44 am

I see nothing out of the ordinary about updating a resume on OSCAR to add this. The dates of employment should make it obvious that you just started the position. But knowing that you got an RA position may be useful info for the judge.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:49 am

Thanks! My anxiety is stemming from the fact that it is listed under "law school activities" not "employment" so no dates. Might just put parentheses w/fall 2017 even though technically started.

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks! My anxiety is stemming from the fact that it is listed under "law school activities" not "employment" so no dates. Might just put parentheses w/fall 2017 even though technically started.
Yeah, I think that would be fine. I've seen a bunch of different ways to list RA positions. Some people do actually include it under employment. Others put it under law school activities either with or without dates. I wouldn't sweat the small details. Just get the point across.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”