Post Clerkship Salary/Bonus Negotiations Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Post Clerkship Salary/Bonus Negotiations

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Thought I would see if people were having any luck asking for more $ following their clerkships. I didn't see this thread anywhere. With Quinn at 100K bonus for two years as a federal clerk and the rest of the market at 70, I thought there may be more firms willing to bump 30k, or other interesting scenarios.

Lavitz

Gold

Re: Post Clerkship Salary/Bonus Negotiations

Post by Lavitz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Is Quinn really paying 100K for two clerkships? I know Susman does, but I haven't seen anything about that for Quinn.

Anonymous User

Re: Post Clerkship Salary/Bonus Negotiations

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:30 pm

I'm about to finish my 1 year, 9 month clerkship on the federal district court. I'm joining a satellite office of a V20 firm. Their policy is 50k for a single clerkship, or 70k for two clerkships/one two-year clerkship. Because I was short of two years, they were being a little cagey about the size of my bonus. I sent an email to the HR guy, said I wanted 70k and needed an answer soon. They gave it to me.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”