Mass Mailing Post Clerkship Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
JakeTappers

Bronze

Mass Mailing Post Clerkship

Post by JakeTappers » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:08 pm

Like many of us, I'm likely to overdo my mass mailing this fall/winter coming off D.Ct. and COA clerkships as a midlevel and am just wondering if anyone has some succinct advise on mass mailing. Is it best to do a mail merge with very little tailoring? I've got a list of about 150 firms with some varying degree of accepting post-clerkship applications and am trying to make this as painless as possible while minimizing the risk of mistake.

Realize this a borderline OL question, but, c'est la vie. I literally had someone on like thumbtack or whatever make my mail merge when I applied to judge's because I can't fucking ever do it properly.

OutCold

Bronze

Re: Mass Mailing Post Clerkship

Post by OutCold » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:23 am

I wouldn't mass mail so broadly unless you aren't coming from a big law background (ie. summer associate or former associate). Most people that struggle post-clerkship are trying to use the clerkship to step into big law. I applied to around 30 firms and it was difficult to fit in even 10 or so interviews while clerking.

JakeTappers

Bronze

Re: Mass Mailing Post Clerkship

Post by JakeTappers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 am

OutCold wrote:I wouldn't mass mail so broadly unless you aren't coming from a big law background (ie. summer associate or former associate). Most people that struggle post-clerkship are trying to use the clerkship to step into big law. I applied to around 30 firms and it was difficult to fit in even 10 or so interviews while clerking.
I have decent creds but am a mid level so have no clue how everything will play.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”