Preserving Law Professor Recs Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Preserving Law Professor Recs

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 pm

If I plan on applying for a clerkship a few years out and I want to get a recommendation from a few professors while I'm still in law school, what's the procedure for keeping those on file for when I apply a year or so later? Do I ask them to submit it to OSCAR and just let it sit there?

HillandHollow

Bronze

Re: Preserving Law Professor Recs

Post by HillandHollow » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:12 am

This is probably a question for your school's clerkships coordinator/career office/whoever handles these things. At my school, you would have needed only to get the professors to agree to write one, but they would not actually write it until you initiated the application on OSCAR.

mjb447

Silver

Re: Preserving Law Professor Recs

Post by mjb447 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:11 pm

It may be best if they write them now while their memories of you are still freshest and then update a few years down the road when you're applying. At my school, the clerkship office would keep them on file, but it probably varies.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”