Worth applyig to district courts? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Barrred

Bronze

Re: Worth applyig to district courts?

Post by Barrred » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm

OP, if you are externing for a federal court, did you get fingerprinted prior to starting? In the district where I clerked, our externs were fingerprinted and HR ran background checks on them prior to their start dates. We once got a report back that one of the externs we had already hired for the next semester had a DUI on his record. My impression is that HR sends the judge any criminal record hits for clerks or externs, and the judge then has the option to rescind the offer, or say nothing.

I would disclose the DUI when you are asked for prior conviction information, either in person or on an application, but not before then.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”