Clerkship chances Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerkship chances

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:30 am

I'm a 3L at a t6, grades probably in top 1/3. I can't do federal clerkships because I'm an international student. I don't really have any clerkship or judge connections. Is there any possibility for me to clerk?

I think most state level don't require citizenship, but I'm not sure which states require local connection or high grades or what not.

mjb447

Silver

Re: Clerkship chances

Post by mjb447 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:55 am

I think you could volunteer if you're financially secure enough or try for AK, HI, PR or other courts outside the continental US. See the discussion at http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=264249.

Could also try for a state court, although those tend to be much more valuable in the state where you're clerking, so I don't know if the vast majority of them would make sense for what you want to do.

runinthefront

Gold

Post by runinthefront » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 am

You should try clerking for the NY COA/Appellate Divisions or the NJ Supreme Court, if you're from the NYC area. Maybe Mass or Illinois if you're attending UChi, Harvard, and of course CA Supreme Court if you're attending Stanford and want to work in California.

You should also ask your school whether they have any PI fellowships/stipends that will allow you to "volunteer" for a federal judge while being paid by your law school
Last edited by runinthefront on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:09 am

Maybe Delaware Chancery or Supreme Court if you want to do corporate work?

runinthefront

Gold

Post removed...

Post by runinthefront » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:11 am

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”