Gift Ideas for Judges / Co-Clerks Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
punkyg0608

Bronze

Gift Ideas for Judges / Co-Clerks

Post by punkyg0608 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:46 am

I was thinking it might be useful to have a thread where people share suggestions for gifts to give to judges. I understand that there are people who think gifts are unnecessary, but some chambers have a tradition of exchanging small gifts for the winter holidays, birthdays, etc. And of course, most gift ideas don't really work for judges because they seem to have everything already.

Or what about for a co-clerk? Obviously it depends on the person, but any ideas for co-clerks are welcome in this thread too.

So if you have any ideas for gifts to give to a judge or co-clerk, please post and we can all help each other out! :D

jimmythecatdied6

Bronze

Re: Gift Ideas for Judges / Co-Clerks

Post by jimmythecatdied6 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:03 pm

I gave my judge a bobble head... of himself. We had joked about the idea of him having a bobble head at some point during the clerkship, so it wasn't completely random. This was also done at the end of the clerkship, when the judge/clerks traditionally exchange gifts.

BVest

Platinum

Post by BVest » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:14 pm

I'm coming up on the end of my clerkship. My judge does not permit gifts to himself. I have no doubt this is because he thinks clerks should not be spending money on him, but I'm sure the result that he doesn't get shit he doesn't want is an added benefit to the policy. My usual gift is a good bottle of appropriately themed wine, but my judge doesn't drink, so his policy has the benefit to me of not having to figure out a new gift. My co-clerk and I are getting spa days for the term clerk and JA though.
Last edited by BVest on Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

anonymousanon

New

Post by anonymousanon » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:51 pm

reigniting this thread-- gift ideas for clerkship judges! anyone?

kellyfrost

Platinum

Removed

Post by kellyfrost » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm

Removed post...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”