Clerkship Chances...decent ranking, but a C+ Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Clerkship Chances...decent ranking, but a C+

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:55 pm

rpupkin wrote: Not at all. An even mix of Hs and Ps at HYS makes you competitive for district court and COA clerkships.
Very helpful! Thanks!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
rpupkin wrote: Not at all. An even mix of Hs and Ps at HYS makes you competitive for district court and COA clerkships.
Very helpful! Thanks!
I think that's a little strong for HLS. A truly even mix of Hs and Ps probably leaves you in the running for a less competitive district court clerkship straight out of law school, but it's probably not sufficient for most COA judges. (An exactly even mix does not get you honors, and the vast majority of straight-through COA clerks get at least cum laude at graduation.) You might be able to snag a COA judge, though, if you get a district clerkship first or wait a few years.

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Very helpful! Thanks!
I think that's a little strong for HLS. A truly even mix of Hs and Ps probably leaves you in the running for a less competitive district court clerkship straight out of law school, but it's probably not sufficient for most COA judges.
Eh. Folks generally overestimate how hard it is to land a clerkship with a COA judge. I've seen plenty of OP-types get COA clerkships with non-feeder judges.

And by "competitive," I mean "have a decent shot," not "will almost certainly get a clerkship."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Current COA clerk and HYS grad - rpupkin's take is credited.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”