State Clerkships in Northern Mariana Islands Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

State Clerkships in Northern Mariana Islands

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Anyone heard of anyone doing a clerkship there? I'm pretty flexible geographically and wouldn't mind spending 2 years in the South Pacific. Is it super competitive? I'm at a T2, but am published in a secondary journal and also serving as editor-in-chief. My grades are not great (~top 40%), but I have extensive public service experience, especially in federal government, including DOJ and a District Court judge summer internship.

MURPH

Silver

Re: State Clerkships in Northern Mariana Islands

Post by MURPH » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:59 am

I've heard it is not particularly competitive but you would benefit greatly by showing some sort of local commitment - like having lived there before or having family there. I lived in Hawaii for 12 years and I know that the further you get from the mainland, the more they prefer to help out locals.

hiima3L

Silver

Re: State Clerkships in Northern Mariana Islands

Post by hiima3L » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 pm

I heard from a former co-worker (and TTTT grad) that they are not competitive at all.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”