Transfer student trying to gauge odds Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Transfer student trying to gauge odds

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:54 pm

I wasn't planning on applying for a clerkship, but my 2L GPA turned out to be much better than expected. Now I'm curious about TLS' opinion, and whether its worth the eleventh hour scramble for a clerkship.

I transferred from a T2 in NYC to MVPB. I finished 1L year in the top 10% at the T2, and my 2L GPA (3.65) places me in the top 20%. I've got an ed. board position on a secondary journal for next year, and I'm currently a summer associate at a highly respected boutique firm. I also interned with one of the USAO offices in NYC during my 1L summer, for whatever its worth.

Worth it to apply? Ideally, I'd like to stay in SDNY/EDNY but I know both those districts are uphill battles (especially at this late stage).

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”