Response Time for District Court Judges? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Response Time for District Court Judges?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Obviously it totally depends on the judge, but I am curious about a general time frame for interview calls. I sent in my paper applications about 2 weeks ago and have only gotten a few emails confirming receipt. OSCAR apps are getting LORs uploaded as we speak. How long until I should assume they won't call for an interview? What % send rejection notices?

As a random aside, what do we think the relative application #s look like for OSCAR vs non OSCAR judges? Do judges that require paper apps get significantly fewer applications or not?

cue nervous waiting and crickets...

Anonymous User

Re: Response Time for District Court Judges?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm

Interesting. I never even got email receipts of applications. I did two interviews. One interview request I received on what must have been the day the judge received my application, since it was two days after I sent the app out. I received the other request about 15 days after I sent the app.

Anonymous User

Re: Response Time for District Court Judges?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed May 15, 2013 12:22 am

Might the delay be longer right now due to the plan being June 28th and it being late? So maybe judges are just not hiring right now by and large and are waiting for spring grades in June?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”