How to find contact information of state judges Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

How to find contact information of state judges

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 am

Hello all: I'm trying to apply to state judges in the Missouri and Nebraska states. Does anyone know how I can try to find contact information for these judges to send application materials? Thanks.

josehill

New

Re: How to find contact information of state judges

Post by josehill » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:21 am

deleted

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 am

Although I think the above poster is a spammer, they're actually right. Go to the state court webpage (just google "Missouri courts"). The Vermont state clerkship guide will also have information - ask your CSO for access. (You probably won't get an email address - you will probably need to send paper apps, although I suppose you could call individual judges and find out if there's an address you can email to.)

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks. I wasn't able to find a phone number or email on the state court website, but I was able to get the contact information another way by calling the main line.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. I wasn't able to find a phone number or email on the state court website, but I was able to get the contact information another way by calling the main line.
Yeah, most judges don't have their phone numbers or e-mails publicly accessible, for fairly obvious reasons. You can always call up a main courthouse number and ask to be connected, and ask chambers what's the best way to send them something.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:35 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks. I wasn't able to find a phone number or email on the state court website, but I was able to get the contact information another way by calling the main line.
Yeah, most judges don't have their phone numbers or e-mails publicly accessible, for fairly obvious reasons. You can always call up a main courthouse number and ask to be connected, and ask chambers what's the best way to send them something.
Meh, you'd be surprised. I've seen district court judges with their phone numbers to the public. It was in places I was applying, big and small. CD Cal and D. Kan.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Meh, you'd be surprised. I've seen district court judges with their phone numbers to the public. It was in places I was applying, big and small. CD Cal and D. Kan.
The judges' numbers, or their chambers' numbers? Also, district court numbers are pretty easy to get because attorneys have to contact chambers a lot. If you're looking at appellate level stuff (state or feds) it's harder, because there aren't really any reasons why attorneys should be contacting the judges/justices. (But I should have qualified my response.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”