Clerking a year out Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Clerking a year out

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:27 pm

I am a current 2L. I struck out at biglaw as a transfer, but got excellent grades at my new school (t14). I'm trying to do a federal clerkship, among other reasons, as a way to get myself back into consideration for biglaw. However, I was wondering if, in my cover letters, I should indicate that I'm also willing to clerk in the 2015-2016 term as well? I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this? Also, if I managed to secure a clerkship for a year out, would that help me at all in 3l oci (including mass mailing)?

ph14

Gold

Re: Clerking a year out

Post by ph14 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am a current 2L. I struck out at biglaw as a transfer, but got excellent grades at my new school (t14). I'm trying to do a federal clerkship, among other reasons, as a way to get myself back into consideration for biglaw. However, I was wondering if, in my cover letters, I should indicate that I'm also willing to clerk in the 2015-2016 term as well? I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this? Also, if I managed to secure a clerkship for a year out, would that help me at all in 3l oci (including mass mailing)?
Yes. Just say you are interested in 2014 but would also like to be considered for the next available term/position. But I think that judges will also consider you for other terms sua sponte if they want to so it's not something to worry about.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”