Let's talk 2nd Circuit!

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Re: Let's talk 2nd Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:19 am

Does anyone have info on Judge Carney's hiring preferences? I hear she looks for work experience, but I am curious if she hires outside HYS/CCN and what kind of grades she looks for. I'm top 20% at MVP and current district court clerk.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Any info on Judge Cabranes’ hiring preferences?

nothingtosee

Silver

Postby nothingtosee » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have info on Judge Carney's hiring preferences? I hear she looks for work experience, but I am curious if she hires outside HYS/CCN and what kind of grades she looks for. I'm top 20% at MVP and current district court clerk.

Strong PI preference, also likes academia. Unless you have a prof or two really go pedal to the metal your grades are too low (I think that'd be about bottom threshold coming from hls)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 pm

nothingtosee wrote:Strong PI preference, also likes academia. Unless you have a prof or two really go pedal to the metal your grades are too low (I think that'd be about bottom threshold coming from hls)

What about top 5% from T14, current district court clerk on DC/9.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 pm

I got interview with her with top 5% from lower T-14 and less prestigious district court but also had great softs/ great reccs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
nothingtosee wrote:Strong PI preference, also likes academia. Unless you have a prof or two really go pedal to the metal your grades are too low (I think that'd be about bottom threshold coming from hls)

What is PI?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What is PI?

Bump. What does PI mean? Personal injury? Supposed to be IP?

agnes_bean

New

Postby agnes_bean » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

What is PI?

Bump. What does PI mean? Personal injury? Supposed to be IP?

Public interest.

Return to “Judicial Clerkships?