Non AIII Law Clerk to COA? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Non AIII Law Clerk to COA?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone have any experience with this or know anyone that had luck in transitioning? More specifically, going from a clerkship with a Magistrate Judge or Bankruptcy Judge. Anecdotes and advice welcome. Thanks!

DreamingInDigital

New

Re: Non AIII Law Clerk to COA?

Post by DreamingInDigital » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 am

I know a guy who went from a state appellate clerkship to a COA clerkship. He was a non-trad with an interesting work history.

nevdash

Bronze

Post by nevdash » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 am

Someone in one of my classes already has SSC --> COA lined up after graduation, but it's one of the more competitive SSCs.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:21 pm

I am wondering if anyone has a sense of the chances of making this move from one of the non-article three specialty courts, like the tax court or the CFC. I will be starting a clerkship at one of these in September and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am wondering if anyone has a sense of the chances of making this move from one of the non-article three specialty courts, like the tax court or the CFC. I will be starting a clerkship at one of these in September and I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks.
I know someone personally who went from COFC to Fed Cir, so yes, it does happen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”