LORs - Signature? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

LORs - Signature?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:53 pm

I'll be mailing out my applications instead of using OSCAR. If I include my LORs with my application material, is it necessary to have the recommender sign it? I'll be mailing out to around 40-50 judges, and I dunno how thrilled my profs are going to be if I ask them to sign 50 pieces of paper each.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: LORs - Signature?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:50 pm

Does your school not have an option for handling this? I did all paper applications, and we had a system where the profs gave the LOR file to their faculty assistants, and the faculty assistants generated/mailed the actual paper copies (or gave them back to you in sealed signed envelopes). I'm sure they had the profs' signatures scanned so they could just add them (or it's possible they just did the /s/ thing, but I would check on the protocol). In any case, ask your career office and/or the profs how they usually handle it - you're not the first person to do this.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”