Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Despite what OSCAR says, Sutton's full for 19.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Is anyone left for 2018-19? Heard Rogers is done.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Scheduled an interview with McKeague today for 2019-2020.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Donald is done through at least 19-20.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:28 am

Any movement on the Sixth Circuit's Ohio judges (Moore, Cole, Batchelder, Cook)?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 am

Any movement for 2020?

riverdalechick

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby riverdalechick » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 am

Anonymous User wrote:Any movement for 2020?


I know Judge White hired one clerk for 2020, and is at the beginning of the process for selecting the others.

RazPan

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby RazPan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 pm

Has anyone received a post-interview decision (offer or rejection letter) from Siler for 2019?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:45 am

RazPan wrote:Has anyone received a post-interview decision (offer or rejection letter) from Siler for 2019?


Yes. A friend received an offer from him very recently. I don't know if he's made all his offers yet.

RazPan

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby RazPan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:28 pm

riverdalechick wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement for 2020?


I know Judge White hired one clerk for 2020, and is at the beginning of the process for selecting the others.


Anyone have info on what Judge White's hiring/interview practices are and/or how she is as a boss? My school has never sent a clerk her way and I haven't found much on past threads.

Fireworks2016

New
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu May 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Fireworks2016 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:57 pm

RazPan wrote:
riverdalechick wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement for 2020?


I know Judge White hired one clerk for 2020, and is at the beginning of the process for selecting the others.


Anyone have info on what Judge White's hiring/interview practices are and/or how she is as a boss? My school has never sent a clerk her way and I haven't found much on past threads.


She's been described to me by former CA6 clerks as "a lovely person" and great boss. Pretty down to earth but very smart. No idea how her hiring process goes though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am

Judge Kethledge and Judge Nalbandian - How much time elapsed between confirmation emails and receiving interviews?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Fireworks2016 wrote:
RazPan wrote:
riverdalechick wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Any movement for 2020?


I know Judge White hired one clerk for 2020, and is at the beginning of the process for selecting the others.


Anyone have info on what Judge White's hiring/interview practices are and/or how she is as a boss? My school has never sent a clerk her way and I haven't found much on past threads.


She's been described to me by former CA6 clerks as "a lovely person" and great boss. Pretty down to earth but very smart. No idea how her hiring process goes though.


I think this is true, but her clerks work some crazy hours. I'm not even positive that its the amount but its late nights. During sittings, they were always going back to chambers until 1-2am after dinners instead of out. She's one of the few liberal fighters left.

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Does anyone have updates or generally know how Judge Stranch selects her clerks?

Additionally, does anyone know whether she's selected her 2019 clerks yet?

Anonymous User
Posts: 326615
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Let's talk 6th Circuit!

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anyone have updates or generally know how Judge Stranch selects her clerks?

Additionally, does anyone know whether she's selected her 2019 clerks yet?


anecdotal (take this with several grains of salt) that I've heard is she prefers those with previous clerkship experience



Return to “Judicial Clerkships?

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.