Tell firm(s) about clerkship(s)? Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Tell firm(s) about clerkship(s)?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:05 pm

I worked for a BigLaw firm as a 1L last summer. This summer I will spend most of the summer at a different big law firm but will be going back to the 1L firm for a few weeks too. The partner I worked for last summer wrote one of my LOR for clerkship apps.

Assuming I have locked up a clerkship before my 2L summer starts, when should I tell the firms? Will they consider me for an offer along with everyone else even if I won't be able to accept right away?

GertrudePerkins

Bronze

Re: Tell firm(s) about clerkship(s)?

Post by GertrudePerkins » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:59 pm

Unless your firm is anti-clerkship, which I think is pretty rare, I don't think the timing will matter much. Based on what I heard from friends who already had clerkships lined up before 2L summer, they had the same experience as everyone else at their firms re: offers. I didn't have my clerkship fully lined up before starting with my 2L summer firm, but I was totally open about the fact that clerking was my plan. They gave me an offer just like (almost) everybody else.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”