CIT Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

CIT

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:22 am

Can anyone give me any info on clerking for the CIT? Specifically, if I'd competitive, I know my grades are low but I have a real interest in international trade.

I'm median at a Top 20 I worked at a firm last summer focusing on Intl. trade and will be doing the same this summer. Good recs from professors and very strong recs from my employers (I'm thinking these might be especially helpful since many of them have clerked for the CIT and practice intl. trade now - am I totally of base?).

Thank you!

jkech

New

Re: CIT

Post by jkech » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:49 pm

I'd make sure you know what kinds of cases the CIT actually hears before you apply....it's not exactly what you'd think. About 90 percent of the cases you deal w/ are anti-dumping or trade adjustments for farmers.

Anonymous User

Re: CIT

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm

OP here- Yup, I know. I did intl. trade all summer which mostly was ad/cvd stuff and a
Few disputes over tariff classifications. A few things I worked on were headed
Up to the ct (unfortunately bc of timing I didn't get to see anything through from start to finish). But that being said, do you think I'm competitive? Does anyone know how competitive these positions are generally?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”