Tailored Cover Letters Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
hope&change

New

Tailored Cover Letters

Post by hope&change » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 pm

I'm a (barely) borderline candidate for a particular judge and several of his/her former clerks recommended that I write a longer cover letter detailing why I want to clerk for this judge and what makes me a unique candidate. I can handle the part about myself, but I'm looking for advice on how to convey my interest in that particular judge. Should I mention specific opinions? Or just talk generally about his/her jurisprudence? Or focus on former clerks' statements that he/she is a great mentor? I'm trying to craft a letter that is sincere and doesn't sound like I'm blowing smoke. Advice?

gaud

Platinum

Re: Tailored Cover Letters

Post by gaud » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:01 am

Can't you ask the former clerks who gave you the advice of writing a longer letter?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”