DC Court of Appeals Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

DC Court of Appeals

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm

How competitive is this in comparison with other clerkships? On that note, how much would this clerkship help your post-clerkship job search compared to those other clerkships. The jobs in questions are big firms and litigation boutiques. Also, geographically, how much would it play a role as in would it help me get a big firm in LA, New York, Chicago, etc.

Would it be useful to use this as a sort of springboard for a COA clerkship if I was a borderline candidate in the first place? How would firms view this from a hiring, bonus, and class credit standpoint?

Anonymous User

Re: DC Court of Appeals

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:00 am

bump

Anonymous User

Re: DC Court of Appeals

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:24 am

If you're a borderline COA applicant, why not just do a D. Ct. first? D.C. Ct. App. is just the court of last resort for DC (i.e. equivalent to a state supreme court).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”