Future Clerkship on Resume/Cover Letter Forum

(Seek and share information about clerkship applications, clerkship hiring timelines, and post-clerkship employment opportunities)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about clerkship applications and clerkship hiring. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Anonymous User

Future Clerkship on Resume/Cover Letter

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:19 pm

I have a district court clerkship lined up for next year, but am going to start applying for appellate clerkships beginning in 2014, and was wondering if anyone has advice on how to indicate the future clerkship on my resume or in my cover letter? My career services office hasn't been terribly helpful.

Thanks!

Asleep

New

Re: Future Clerkship on Resume/Cover Letter

Post by Asleep » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:33 pm

For things that I have been accepted for, I generally just do one line with the name of the position, where it is. I then for the dates put Expected and then the expected dates.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 am

whatever you do, don't lie on your resume!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:28 pm

I included it in my cover letter. It's a good way of getting you app pulled off the stack. Just one sentence: "I will be clerking for Judge X of the District of Y during 2013-2014."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:47 pm

I had this situation (except courts were reversed, i.e., already had COA). I put the info in both my resume and cover letter. In resume, I just added a new entry under "Experience":
THE HONORABLE [JUDGE'S NAME], United States Court of Appeals for [Circuit]
Law Clerk, 20XX-20XX

That seemed to work.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Judicial Clerkships”