William & Mary Law Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
drinion

Bronze

William & Mary Law Class of 2016

Post by drinion » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm pretty close to 100% sure that I'm going here next year, and a few other people from the admissions thread voiced some interest in something like this, so here it is.

Anyone else planning on going to the admitted students weekend on March 22 and 23? I've got my reservation all set up.

teachmehowtoraji

Bronze

Re: William & Mary Law Class of 2016

Post by teachmehowtoraji » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Checking in. Honestly have no idea where I'll end up next year (still waiting on a ton of apps) but I really like how quick the turnaround was on my W&M app and will definitely be considering the school. I'll be trying to make it down for ASW as well.

FortunaGubernans

Bronze

Post by FortunaGubernans » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 pm

drinion wrote:I'm pretty close to 100% sure that I'm going here next year, and a few other people from the admissions thread voiced some interest in something like this, so here it is.

Anyone else planning on going to the admitted students weekend on March 22 and 23? I've got my reservation all set up.
Yay, you started it!

I am not positive I'll be attending W&M, but I am admitted. And I've got my eye on the same ASW. So I came to chat.

sl5uw13

Bronze

Post by sl5uw13 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm

definitely will be there for asw, as wmbg is close to my undergrad

teachmehowtoraji

Bronze

Post by teachmehowtoraji » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:17 pm

sl5uw13 wrote:definitely will be there for asw, as wmbg is close to my undergrad

You're lucky, it's about a 6 hour drive from mine (not including traffic)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 pm

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
sl5uw13 wrote:definitely will be there for asw, as wmbg is close to my undergrad

Yeah, I've gotta take public transportation from NYC to NJ then drive the rest of the way. It's gonna be a trek, but I'm looking forward to seeing the school and the area. I was there once when I was a kid, and I remember being really impressed, but I'd like to confirm that with something other than hazy childhood memories.

Has anyone seen the housing that they offer students? I'm not planning on staying with a student during ASW, but I'm curious what the housing is like.

teachmehowtoraji

Bronze

Post by teachmehowtoraji » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:48 pm

drinion wrote:
teachmehowtoraji wrote:

Yeah, I've gotta take public transportation from NYC to NJ then drive the rest of the way. It's gonna be a trek, but I'm looking forward to seeing the school and the area. I was there once when I was a kid, and I remember being really impressed, but I'd like to confirm that with something other than hazy childhood memories.

Has anyone seen the housing that they offer students? I'm not planning on staying with a student during ASW, but I'm curious what the housing is like.

Only from what the website said about it. Apparently this is the hotel:

--LinkRemoved--

There's some pictures on the hotel's website, but not much.

--LinkRemoved--

It'll probably end up being a really good time with a bunch of undergrads staying there, at least that's my guess.

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:31 am

teachmehowtoraji wrote:
drinion wrote:Has anyone seen the housing that they offer students? I'm not planning on staying with a student during ASW, but I'm curious what the housing is like.

Only from what the website said about it. Apparently this is the hotel:

--LinkRemoved--

There's some pictures on the hotel's website, but not much.

--LinkRemoved--

It'll probably end up being a really good time with a bunch of undergrads staying there, at least that's my guess.
Yeah, I've reserved a room there for both nights. The rooms look like above-standard hotel rooms, but I am more concerned about William & Mary's grad housing, which I may end up living in while I'm there.

Here's the site: http://www.wm.edu/offices/residencelife ... /index.php.

The rooms look pretty nice on the site. I was hoping their FAQ would address how much of our own things we can move into the rooms, like beds for example. I don't have tons of stuff, but I'd prefer to have my own bed, mainly because it's a queen, and not a college sized twin.

I'm also curious about dining on campus. I'll post something about it, once I've looked into it more closely.

Smileysc

New

Post by Smileysc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey, I'll be down for admitted students week. I'm all but metaphysically positive that I'll be attending William and Mary next year. I'm currently a student at VCU, about 45 minutes away.

So who here is essentially committed to William and Mary?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nolongermissing

New

Post by nolongermissing » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Edit: Wrong thread

kgus22

New

Post by kgus22 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm

William and Mary 1L here. Feel free to PM me with questions.

A few notes on things I've seen above.

To the person coming from NYC - look into taking the amtrak train. it's about 8 hours from NYC but you can get tickets for $120 roundtrip and don't have to worry about driving. There is an amtrak station right in Williamsburg to come in to.

Hospitality House is pretty nice. The students, at least at the law school, call it the HoHouse. Many law students frequent the bar here.

Law student housing - the gradplex- is literally right next door to the law school. Very convenient. I don't live there and haven't been inside but I could swing by a friends and give you the scoop if you'd like. A lot of students live in apartments or townhouses in other parts of Williamsburg and just drive or take the city bus to class. There are plenty of options.

If you have any other questions, PM me!

Smileysc

New

Post by Smileysc » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Do you happen to know of any apartments within walking distance (around 1.2 miles or so on foot)?

Franklin69

New

Post by Franklin69 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:46 pm

Smileysc wrote:Do you happen to know of any apartments within walking distance (around 1.2 miles or so on foot)?
There are numerous apartments/houses with relatively low rent within walking distance of the school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm speaking with an alum tomorrow over the phone. I got in touch with him through a partner at my law firm, so this guy wasn't handpicked by W&M to talk up the school. Right now, I'm just planning on asking him about the career opportunities after graduation, given his presumed knowledge of the alumni network, etc. Does anyone else have any questions they might like me to ask?

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Definitely getting excited for admit weekend in March!

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:26 pm

racmyers23 wrote:Definitely getting excited for admit weekend in March!
Yeah, I wish there was more information than just this: --LinkRemoved--. I guess it's still a ways away, so maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Franklin69

New

Post by Franklin69 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:39 pm

drinion wrote:
Yeah, I wish there was more information than just this: --LinkRemoved--. I guess it's still a ways away, so maybe I'm being unreasonable.
drinion wrote:
What are you looking to know?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm

Franklin69 wrote:
drinion wrote:
drinion wrote:
What are you looking to know?
I'm mostly interested in whether there will be time to meet with the Financial Aid Office. We're going to have to commit to a school soon, so I'm starting to look to the next step: LOANS... I'll have to look into the timeline for loans this weekend. Anyone have experience with them? I have to admit that I do not.

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:53 pm

Anyone else thinking of going to the Law Review Symposium?

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:26 pm

drinion wrote:Anyone else thinking of going to the Law Review Symposium?

I am!

Also I saw your post from a while back, and I like the idea of using this forum as a means for general introductions/ socialization for the class of 2016. So, I'll start.

I'm Rachel.. I'm from Anchorage, Alaska.

Abbey

New

Post by Abbey » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:39 am

For those of you who are pretty much committed to W&M, can you tell me what helped you make that final decision? still on the fence, though 90% sure this is the school for me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Last edited by drinion on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drinion

Bronze

Post by drinion » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Abbey wrote:For those of you who are pretty much committed to W&M, can you tell me what helped you make that final decision? still on the fence, though 90% sure this is the school for me.
I think W&M's federal clerkship rate says a lot about the quality of their law program. W&L competes with W&M, but I'm looking to work north of Mason-Dixon Line, and I think W&M has a lot more name recognition here than W&L.

delizabeth10

New

Post by delizabeth10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Hey everyone! I just got admitted today (really pleasant surprise!) and I'm planning to come down for the ASW on March 22/23. I am still waiting for the admission letter to come in the mail with my WM user id (I'm not sure if the site might give more info), but I was just wondering if W&M offers a travel stipend for ASW. Flights are looking fairly expensive.

Looking forward to meeting you all there!!

racmyers23

New

Post by racmyers23 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:46 pm

drinion wrote:
racmyers23 wrote:I am!

Also I saw your post from a while back, and I like the idea of using this forum as a means for general introductions/ socialization for the class of 2016. So, I'll start.

I'm Rachel.. I'm from Anchorage, Alaska.
I'm still mulling over my options as far as schools are concerned, but W&M is still my top pick right now, so I might as well introduce myself. I'm Christopher, and I'm from New Jersey.

Rachel, would you be coming from Anchorage? I thought my 8 hour Amtrak ride was going to be brutal, but maybe I was wrong.

Anyone know the dress code for law review symposiums? I've been really busy at work this week, but I may have a chance to call W&M on Friday. I'll report back, if I do.

Nope, I'm in undergrad in the South (hate the cold..) so I'm not too far away during the school year.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”