Texas Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Re: Texas Class of 2016

Post by StylinNProfilin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:44 pm

New Rule: No Johnny Football in the UT Thread. K, Thanks.

shifty_eyed

Gold

Post by shifty_eyed » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Signed up for ASW today. I made an appointment with the financial aid office but declined the Segway tour. 8)

rachelzane

New

Post by rachelzane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:03 am

StylinNProfilin wrote:New Rule: No Johnny Football in the UT Thread. K, Thanks.
Another Aggie checking in. Excited to be thinking about UT, but I will not wear that gaudy orange, I will not. It is not in my color wheel and I'm not gonna wear it. (The Blind Side)

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:13 am

Signed up for ASW. Registered for financial aid appointment, segway tour, housing forum....just about everything.

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:19 am

rachelzane wrote:
Another Aggie checking in. Excited to be thinking about UT, but I will not wear that gaudy orange, I will not. It is not in my color wheel and I'm not gonna wear it. (The Blind Side)
Rachel Zane can wear whatever she wants ;)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:36 am

shifty_eyed wrote:Signed up for ASW today. I made an appointment with the financial aid office but declined the Segway tour. 8)
Instate admits were not allowed on the Segway tour. :evil:

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Aawaldrop wrote:
WokeUpInACar wrote:
Aawaldrop wrote:I'm excited that I will most likely be in Austin this fall. Just want to get some more money so I have to wait :(
Wow they really did lowball you money wise
Initially that was my reaction, but the people with my numbers reporting 84k are out of staters that received an instate tuition grant as well. Subtracting the difference you get the same scholarship (still feels like lowballing). Also, applying late doesn't help.
BigSuck wrote: Dat aggieness
Well, they raised my offer a bit like halfway through the summer due to the drop in applications. I don't know if they'll do that again, since they're probably more prepared for it, but you can always hope.
rachelzane wrote:
Just hope you don't get the society with orange as the color (Hodges this year). It burned to wear that shirt for society week.

rachelzane

New

Post by rachelzane » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:24 pm

eaper wrote: Just hope you don't get the society with orange as the color (Hodges this year). It burned to wear that shirt for society week.
Are societies the ones where the class is broken into four, or are they broken down further than that?

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:29 pm

rachelzane wrote:
eaper wrote: Just hope you don't get the society with orange as the color (Hodges this year). It burned to wear that shirt for society week.
Are societies the ones where the class is broken into four, or are they broken down further than that?
I believe there's 8 societies. And those are broken down into two seperate mentor groups.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:00 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
rachelzane wrote:
I believe there's 8 societies. And those are broken down into two seperate mentor groups.
That sounds right, but I think they are doing things differently for my year from last year due to the drop in admissions. I think it will be different for y'all as well (it may just be smaller, but I'm not sure).

For my society (I think even my society and my small section is different), half of my small section classes (LRW both semesters and 1 other class between both semesters) are in my society. All of my society and 2 other societies (or 3, maybe) are in my large section classes. I'm not 100% sure how the small sections are broken up for other societies.

I think my small section is different because we have 2 mentors (and are in two societies) while other small sections are all the same mentor (I think they're also two societies, but I'd have to ask).

Honestly, I spend time mainly with people in my small section and barely know most of the people in my society that aren't in the small section.

rachelzane

New

Post by rachelzane » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:20 pm

eaper wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:I believe there's 8 societies. And those are broken down into two seperate mentor groups.
For my society (I think even my society and my small section is different), half of my small section classes (LRW both semesters and 1 other class between both semesters) are in my society. All of my society and 2 other societies (or 3, maybe) are in my large section classes. I'm not 100% sure how the small sections are broken up for other societies.
Thanks stylin and eaper. I've heard from another 1L you really get to know the people in your small section and know people less as you expand from that, so I'm glad there's a consensus there.

Stylin, how are you feeling about doing seven years at UT?

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:15 am

rachelzane wrote:
eaper wrote:
StylinNProfilin wrote:I believe there's 8 societies. And those are broken down into two seperate mentor groups.
Thanks stylin and eaper. I've heard from another 1L you really get to know the people in your small section and know people less as you expand from that, so I'm glad there's a consensus there.

Well its actually 8..because I got my masters there as well ;)
I'm super excited to be back in Austin! I might have wanted a change of scenery if I was doing 8 years straight, but doubtful since my love for UT and Austin is second to none.

timeandspace11

Silver

Post by timeandspace11 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:05 pm

StylinNProfilin wrote:
rachelzane wrote:
eaper wrote:

Well its actually 8..because I got my masters there as well ;)
I'm super excited to be back in Austin! I might have wanted a change of scenery if I was doing 8 years straight, but doubtful since my love for UT and Austin is second to none.
Good to hear Austin is such a great city you want to stay long term. I am kind of in a similar situation to you. I have been at the same school 5 years, undergrad + masters degree. I had a great college experience but am looking for a change, and Austin seems to be the place for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

StylinNProfilin

Bronze

Post by StylinNProfilin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah I've had a 5 year break from Austin, though I've still been down there for all the football games. I agree Austin is definitely a good choice for a change of scenery :)

lak90

New

Post by lak90 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Have any of you been asked to have dinner with a professor? I live out of state and am supposed to have dinner with a Professor here tonight and I was wondering if it would be one-on-one or with other admitted students in the area. They didn't really specify.

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:07 pm

Posted this in the other thread but seems more appropriate here: anyone else attending the reception on Friday?

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Did anyone else apply for the Equal Justice Scholarship? Apps were due last Friday, 3/1 and interviews are March 21-22 during the ASW. I'm wondering how soon we will find out if we got an interview, since my travel plans will depend on that.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:25 pm

lak90 wrote:Have any of you been asked to have dinner with a professor? I live out of state and am supposed to have dinner with a Professor here tonight and I was wondering if it would be one-on-one or with other admitted students in the area. They didn't really specify.
I have no idea about that, but did they tell you which prof it would be?

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:21 pm

For those attending the reception tonight at HB: I called this morning to check if there ware any special considerations in place because of SXSW (like can we still park in their lot, etc) and she just sighed and laughed and told me 'good luck!'

So there's that. Also, I'm suiting up, presumably that's correct?

risa

Bronze

Post by risa » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm

risa wrote:Did anyone else apply for the Equal Justice Scholarship? Apps were due last Friday, 3/1 and interviews are March 21-22 during the ASW. I'm wondering how soon we will find out if we got an interview, since my travel plans will depend on that.
well in case anyone is wondering, I called to ask and was told interview invites will go out next week.

jackbauer10

Bronze

Post by jackbauer10 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Last edited by jackbauer10 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

penguinsnot

New

Post by penguinsnot » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:37 pm

romanticegotist wrote:For those attending the reception tonight at HB: I called this morning to check if there ware any special considerations in place because of SXSW (like can we still park in their lot, etc) and she just sighed and laughed and told me 'good luck!'

So there's that. Also, I'm suiting up, presumably that's correct?
Romance, Ill be there. I'm going jacket but no tie for what it's worth.

mg7

Bronze

Post by mg7 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:05 pm

At this point I'm like 97% sure I'll be here in the fall

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

It's looking that way for me as well...especially if they match the offer Vandy threw my way!

Chaucer1343

Bronze

Post by Chaucer1343 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:23 pm

Last edited by Chaucer1343 on Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”